It's NYE! I don't know about the rest of you, but time just zoomed by! 2012 was an amazing year and like I say every year, the next year will be even better. I hope the rest of you Makeup Junkies have had a fantastic 2012 and I thank you for being apart of my world! Wishing you much love, peace and happiness for 2013!
Before I say peace out on my last post for 2012, check out some gorgeous NYE looks and beauty items you'll need to ring in the new year!
NYE is the time to let loose, forget about all your 2012 woes, and get a little crazy. Go a little bolder with your makeup and have some fun with some jewel tones on the eyes and nails!
1. YSL Pure Chromatics Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Arctic Night: I am loving these new palettes from YSL. These satiny metallic powders are intensely pigmented wet or dry. Arctic Night is a collectors palette from the holiday collection. The shades are a mix of icy blues and a plum purple. For a NYE look that will get you noticed, apply the purple across the lid and the dark blue shade on the outer crease and along the lash line for a sultry effect. Highlight the inner corners with the icy silver-blue.
2. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Curviest Caramel: I am all about the chubby lip pencils these days. The new Chubby Stick Intense lippies are amazing - pure pigment and shine. If you take a peek into my purse, you'll see a few Chubby Intense sticks in there. Curviest Caramel is the perfect shade for a jewel-toned smokey eye. Some might say it's the perfect nude lip. It has the right combination of pink and beige mixed together but leaning more beige. If you'll be snapping a lot of photos, you still want your nude lips to look visible!
3. Maybelline Fashion Print Nail Stickers in Sapphire Jewels: Nail stickers are my new favourite mani-on-the-go. It requires no drying time and is really easy to do. Simply choose the right shape for your nail, press, and file to your nail shape. Thankfully the ones from Maybelline aren't terribly tacky and look pretty funky. I tried out Sapphire Jewels today and did it in less than 20 minutes while watching a toddler! Here's the only downfall: don't expect to be doing any outdoorsy activities with these stickers! They started to peel off as soon as I pulled my boots on before leaving the house. However, these are perfect for standing around and looking pretty at a NYE party! The patterns are sure to get conversations going and your nails will look like you actually put some time and effort into them!
Prefer something glam but a little rock 'n roll? Nothing says it better than a little smudgy liner and a bold lip!
1. Annabelle Roll On Eye Shadow/Liner in Brown: I was never a fan of roll-on eye shadows until now. I always found that the colour was hard to get out onto the roller or it was lacking in pigment. I don't believe this one from Annabelle is out yet, but be sure to add Brown to your must-have list. This shade is the perfect neutral and the intense shimmer kicks it up a notch. If you need more of the product just give it a little shake. If it rolls on to much in one area, take a brush or your finger and pat it across your lid. Always use a patting motion for loose shadows - you'll get less fall off and more pigment. To contour the crease, use a matte neutral shade to balance the shimmer. The liner fell a little flat for me. It was a little watery and needed a few layers to give it intensity. Otherwise, both the shadow and liner lasted all night on me! I used it for my family Christmas Eve party here.
2. Marcelle Kajal Kohl Pencil: Kajal liners are becoming a new makeup staple. I am loving this water-proof, intense black from Marcelle. I don't think this has launched yet, but will be in the new year. For rock 'n roll glam eyes, you don't want a strong black smokey eye and a bold lip. It will look overkill. Instead, opt for smudgy liner by lining the top inner lash line otherwise known as "tight lining". Just flip your lid up and line the base of your lashes. Then line the bottom water line, close your eyes tightly, then line again. Load up on the mascara or use some falsies.
3. Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in The Red: Ok, so I'm kinda in love with the new Lip Maestros. My lips are loving the velvety smooth texture and the creamy, matte finish. They don't accentuate dry or chapped lips, but if you're doing a red lip it's always best to make sure your lips are in tip top shape. The slightly angled sponge makes the application easier, but if you do mess up don't try wiping it off with your finger (like I did). It'll just smear and these don't budge. It's best to take a cleansing water on a q-tip or moisturizer on a q-tip to remove it. Then touch up with a bit of a concealer. These also don't feather or bleed so while you're sipping on your champagne you won't have to think about your lips looking messy!
What will your last look of 2012 be?
Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them.