Saturday, January 21, 2012

Makeup Junkie Top 5 Lipsticks: Bite Luminous Creme Lipsticks!


For a lipstick to be considered in my top 5 is major. I'm not only a Makeup Junkie - I'm a lip product junkie! Being a lip junkie and a makeup artist is a lethal combo. It's just my "business" to try as many lip products as I can because my clients depend on me (wink).

I did a small feature on Bite Beauty's Luminous Creme Lipstick (read my full review by clicking link) set during the holidays. I didn't include any swatches so I thought I would revisit. These highly pigmented and creamy-licious lippies feel so good on my lips and not to mention look good. It's one of the few lipsticks that doesn't accentuate my chapped lips. That is huge for me. Instead, my lips look smooth and plump. Must be the Resveratrol, a super antioxidant, that is in the lipstick.

Top: Pepper (dusty rose), Shiraz (soft plum)
Bottom: Champagne (pearly nude), Fig (nude rose) and Bouquet (soft pink)

The lipstick has pretty good wear time. They lasted between 4-6 hours even after eating. The colour was still faintly stained on the lips. They are very moisturizing, but don't bleed. I found Pepper to be the "your lips but better shade". It's a good neutral that you can wear on a daily. Fig is also one of my favourites and a great pink to wear for daytime. Bouquet is on the warmer side but definitely has more pop than Fig. Shiraz is a great fall/winter plum that would work for a lot of skin tones. Champagne is gorgeous with a smokey eye for a pale lip or to use as a highlight for a plumping effect in the center. 

Did you know that the lipsticks are broken up into colour families and each one has a unique slanted tip? Reds have a sharp angled tip for precise application. Neutrals have a natural slant for a natural shape and easy application. Pinks have a curved tip for a cheerful pouty lip. Berries have a pointed tip for a perfectly symmetrical lip. 

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out more colours and the brand's other lines. The all-natural factor, Resveratrol anti-aging and repair properties, creamy texture, strong pigmentation, use of food grade colouring, and sleek packaging make this a Makeup Junkie Top 5 Lipstick!

What lipstick is in your top 5? 

Available at Sephora locations and Sephora.com. Retails for $24 USD. 

Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them. 

1 comment:

tee_bird said...

Fig looks like a color I'd really enjoy.