Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beauty Feature: Save Your Skin!

Save Your Skin!

Save Your Skin! by makeupjunkie13 on polyvore.com

How's your skin doing this winter? Feeling a little tight? Looking a little flaky and dull? Add not drinking enough water to the mix and lack of sleep and you've got my skin - one big wrinkly mess. I hate to say it, but I've really been noticing my fine lines and wrinkles under my eyes (insert sad face). Well, I'm happy to say I think I have finally found a skin care routine my skin is happy with! This is major. I get to try tons of skincare and I never really commit to anything. I am no longer a commitment-phobe. These lovely products are now a skincare staple!

Spring is just around the corner (wishful thinking) so save your skin now! 

1. Korres Wild Rose Face & Eye Serum ($49 CAD, Bestseller): I have found my new serum. While I love my Bobbi Brown one, Korres' has stolen my heart. It's a brightening serum for the eyes and face and it is meant to smooth fine lines. It contains Wild Rose oil, Vitamin C, Baobab gel, Ginseng extract, Quince extract, provitamin B5. Sounds amazing right? It's a multivitamin for your skin. I love how radiant my skin looks. I've only been using it for a week so I haven't noticed a big difference in the appearance of my fine lines, but the brightening effect helps minimize the appearance. 

Korres is known for being an all-natural line so I love knowing my skin isn't being fed with yucky chemicals. Another bonus is that you can use it on the eyes like an eye cream - one less product you have to buy. Compared to a lot of serums out there, this is a much more affordable option. It's not cheap by any means, but it's mid-range so it's affordable to most of us. It's a 30 ml bottle so we'll see how long it last, but one pump is all you need to cover the face. This is definitely one serum that I will be purchasing when this one runs out! 

2. Korres Wild Rose 24 - hour Moisturizing and Brightening Cream - Normal to Dry Skin ($44 CAD, Bestseller): This with the serum is a powerful combo. I LOVE this moisturizer! I had my favourites from 2011, but this one by far takes the cake! Besides looking uber luminous, my skin feels plush - that's plump and lush. It's so pillow-y soft! The best part is that my skin never has a surprise flaky patch later on in the day. Again, it contains the same ingredients as the serum so your skin is getting double dose of Vitamin C. Your skin will be in repair mode all day long so I have high hopes for my skin! It's a 40 ml container at $44 so mid-range and affordable compared to other brands. Since it's a richer moisturizer, you only need a little at a time. You get the perfect amount of hydration minus the heavy, greasy feeling. Another staple for me!

3. Cover FX Skinprep FX Nourishing Foundation Primer and Anti-Aging Serum ($45 CAD): I love Cover FX. You get high-quality makeup that performs with anti-aging benefits. If you get a chance to see my kit, you'll see many of their primers. While you can use this particular one as a serum at night, I prefer to use it as a primer before foundation especially on drier and mature skin. I use this one on myself because it hydrates my dry skin especially during the winter. Once you apply it, your skin feels extremely smooth and makeup just applies so easily. It really creates a perfect canvas. Because it helps blur out fine lines and pores, you end up having to use less foundation. You're makeup will also wear longer with minimal touch-ups. This is a definite kit staple for me and it should be for you too! 

4. Ole Henriksen Black Current Perfecting Complexion Oil ($32 USD): This product is my introduction to Ole Henriksen products. All I can say is that I'm so glad we met! I've come across a few face oils in the past but I never really used them mostly because my skin just felt heavy after. This oil helps protect your skin from the elements and this is definitely something you should use for the cold winters. It also contains Vitamin E that repairs the skin from environmental damage. It's a rich oil so I've decided to make it apart of my night routine and use it like a serum. Surprisingly the rich texture turns into a light, calm, and refreshed feeling on the skin. Mixed with my night cream, my skin feels like butta'! The first time I used it, I couldn't stop touching my face. I even made the hubby touch it! Obsessed with this product. You only need a few drops of this to cover the whole face so it'll last you a while until you have to replenish. Again, the price is mid-range and definitely affordable. 

5. Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging and Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream ($59 CAD, Bestseller): This night cream is no joke. It provides intense anti-ageing nourishment throughout the night. Quercetin and Oak is a clinically proven natural alternative to Retinol. Retinol is used in every anti-aging cream out there so why not go for a natural version that has been proven to achieve faster results? I'd have to say this is richer than my beloved La Mer cream and it's double or even triple the price! It's insane how soft my skin feels after I apply it - I am not exaggerating. My dry skin loves a rich cream, but not if it makes my skin feel greasy and this does NOT. I've been using it for a week and I can already see a difference in the texture of my skin. It's smoother and it's cured my flaky, dehydrated skin! Love, love this stuff. 

All products are available at Shoppers Drug Mart across Canada and Sephora. 

Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post , everyone needs this

dress4cutelady said...

Yes Korres is good and a quality product. I have experience about lipstick and lip gloss.I love them.sometimes I also write about this products in my blog.

lmc1971 said...

Thanks for this review, I've been curious about the Korres line for some time...the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is I'm wondering does it contain an SPF?

Cheers, Lisa