Friday, December 16, 2011

'Tis The Season For Giving Because Doing Good Is Beautiful!


It's not hard to get swept in all the hoopla that is the holidays. We're consumed with holiday parties, kid's Christmas concerts, primping to look your best and lots of shopping. I too get lost in all the madness especially with two little ones because you just want to make it as magical as possible. Thanks to the beautiful Rhia from artistrhi, she reminded me about the spirit of giving! Be sure to check her blog to donate to her special charities! I thought it was such a fantastic idea that she used CanadaHelps.Org to create her own donation page so I created one of my own!

Children's charities have become near and dear to my heart. In the effort to make my blog more personal, I've been going back and forth about whether I should post photos of my kiddies. My kids are my whole world and beauty blogging is also apart of my world so it seems natural to want to share the things that I love the most on the blog. This is the first time I've ever posted photos of my kids! Meet Little Man and Baby Z!


Many of you may remember me being hospitalized in the summertime. Well, shortly after I gave birth my son was admitted to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto and needed surgery so that he could start eating. He was born 2 months early. As you can imagine, it was a gut-wrenching experience leaving my new baby at the hospital for almost 2 months. Thanks to the amazing staff and surgeons at Sick Kids, at 6 months Baby Z is doing well and thriving!

(Excuse the boxes in the background - we just moved!)

If you are in the spirit of giving, I would love for you to visit my donation page and give to 2 important charities: Sick Kids Foundation and Plan Canada. There are so many kids in need so lets make this holidays a special one for them. Thank you to everyone that has donated - this is the best gift I could ever receive! Happy Holidays everyone and remember doing good is beautiful! 


A donation button will also be on the right hand side of my blog. :)

xo,
Joy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so gad he is doing better today! god bless him ;-)