Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beauty Crush: Joe Fresh Nail Polish in Storm


I love when I fall in love with beauty products unexpectedly. After a summer of the bright and sparkly, my tips were longing for something less happy-go-lucky and something more smutty. No, "smutty" is not a word but it's what I describe as not-so-pretty yet edgy and definitely sexy. The navy's, the blacks and the gun-metal greys are cool but I wanted something out of the ordinary and that I didn't own already. I didn't know what nail colour I was looking for until I met Storm, from Joe Fresh that is. 

Taken on the first day

It's a neutral - big deal right? Believe it or not I don't own many neutrals and definitely not one like Storm which is from Joe's Fall collection. I instantly fell in love with this colour! It's the perfect combo of taupe-grey-mauve. If this hadn't been in my swag bag from eTalk, Storm may have never come into my life. Ok, I'm getting a little silly I know but when you're on the hunt for something you're not quite sure what you're looking for and it magically appears, everything in the world just seems right. My nail polish fanatics can attest to this - right? 

Taken on day 7 and only tiny chips on the middle and ring finger

To my surprise, the application was smooth and non-streaky especially for a cream formula. The brush width was pretty decent considering I was able to get a nearly perfect application. What was an even better surprise was that this $4 (CDN) polish remained chip-free for 7 days! Pretty impressive since I usually notice a small chip by the 2nd or 3rd day with some higher-end brands. It lasted through many makeup applications, washing dishes, brush washings and daily scrubbings of one dirty little kid! Even on day 7 it still had the same luster and shine as it did on the first day.

Well, like most of my beauty relationships ours ended and I moved on to the next polish. But it has stolen my heart and I will be back for more! Now I want every shade from the Joe Fresh line which won't be hard since I can purchase 3 for $10! Ah-mazing! If you're in the mood for a neutral that's chic and affordable, Storm is a definite beauty must-have this season!

Have you tried this nail polish? Love it? Hate it? Want it?

8 comments:

dani@callitbeauty said...

gorgeous!

i'm really impressed with the joe fresh nail polishes. i'll definitely need to pick up more :)

Ella Pretty Blog said...

I love JOE Fresh polishes - I even blogged about them recently - I was also impressed at how smoothly they apply. I love that they come in cute little bottles - more chance of actually using it up before it dries out.

I have the mint green, hot pink and lavender polishes...and want to try the light blue and storm one next!

Does storm remind you of Chanel's Particuliere?

Jill Oliver-Fox said...

Looks great. I've picked up quite a few of the polishes over the last few weeks. I wanted that one but had metro chick from opi sephora so I passed.

Make-up Junkie said...

@dani - I can't believe I've never tried Joe polishes before!

@Ella Pretty - I had wanted the mint green one - might have to do a little shopping! lol I think it is similar to Chanel's Particuliere but I've never tried it and hate spending a lot on polishes!

@Jill-O - I do have Metro from Sephora OPI but I wasn't too impressed with the application and it chipped right away on me. How do you find it?

Lena! said...

I am loving that shade. I've been wanting to do a post on Joe Fresh polishes forever - you've inspired me to (eventually) blog about how much I love them too!

Make-up Junkie said...

@Lena - aww that's awesome! I'm so glad I've finally jumped on the band wagon - I'm a bad makeup junkie! lol Going to check out ur post!

luminess said...

This shade is my bet now, I hope it will fit on many occasions.

for the love of beauty by lara said...

looks great
never tried jf nail polishes before wud love to :)