Monday, February 23, 2009

Makeup Junkie Oscar 2009 Hits & Misses

It's Oscar time and it has got Makeup Junkie back into the swing of things! Many apologies for the lack of updates last week but we're back to share with you our favourite (and not-so-favourite) beauties on the red carpet at the Oscars.

Best Dressed Hair/Makeup/Gown:

Anne Hathaway was my absolute favourite of the night. Many of you may think her pale skin needed a little colour but I think she pulls off Hollywood glamour quite effortlessly. Her Armani Prive fishtail dress awash in "paillettes" was stunning and looked pretty and sparkly! The hair and makeup were kept simple, classic and beautiful. An although she didn't win the Oscar, she won our Best Dressed of the night!

image: socialitelife.celebuzz.com/

Best Gowns:

I just think Freida Pinto is just gorgeous and it was nice to see a bright pop of colour on the red carpet. Her John Galliano number had lovely detailing in all the right places.

Marisa Tomei's performance in "The Wrestler" was fantastic and alarming because I didn't expect to see so much of her! All I can say is that I hope my body will look that good when I am her age! I thought her Versace gown was absolutely stunning. I also loved her loose up-do and neutral makeup.

image: justjared.buzznet.com

I loved this colour on the beautiful Alicia Keys. It's a shade rarely seen on the red carpet.
The design was simple and flowy but the colour was what gave the "it" factor. I loved her Old Hollywood inspired makeup and hair.

Another pale beauty (really pale!), Evan Rachel Wood, plays up the red carpet perfectly in this gorgeous gown. Yes, the dress and her almost look like one but I just love the detail.

Best Icons:



We just had to add in Meryl Streep and SATC Queen, SJP. Meryl Streep is lovely and a top notch actress - 15 Oscar nominations! She can do no wrong. Sarah Jessica Parker's dress was like a fairy tale but not my favourite on her, however, she's still Carrie Bradshaw in my eyes and she can get away with anything!

Disappointments:



Natalie Portman is usually a red carpet fave but we just couldn't fall in love with tonight's look. She is no doubt drop-dead-gorgeous. The dress was pretty but we're not sure the colour was the best for her. Her makeup could have been bumped up a notch too. We know Angelina Jolie is known for her signature Evil-I'm-More-Superior-Than-You look and for wearing black but we were a little bored of her dress. The hair and pale lips are also a little predictable don't you think?

Worse Dressed:



And the award goes to - Beyonce! I love dresses that show off the curves but this dress with gold roses all over was just tacky. The bottom of the gown looked like drapes gathered together. I'm glad she kept the hair and makeup simple but it was so plain there was nothing else redeeming about her look.

Who were your Oscar favourites?? Makeup Junkie wants to know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali

Anonymous said...

niceg :)

Anonymous said...

sarah Jessica beats them all! Her dress is even better than what we are used from Miss Bradshaw!!!

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

I loved Diane Lane that night!! She just gets better with age!

-Jen Laceda

Gaby Fauchon said...

Beyoncé is totally amazing, as always!